Strong Neighborhoods Menasha Housing Initiative
|STRONG NEIGHBORHOODS BROCHURE
||STRONG NEIGHBORHOODS PROGRAM
1. Fill out the Pre Application. (Important: DO NOT BEGIN PROJECTS, SIGN CONTRACTS, PUT DOWN PAYMENTS DOWN, OR PURCHASE MATERIALS PRIOR TO RECIEIVING AN APPROVAL LETTER)
2. Send pre-application, along with 2-3 quotes, to Matt Larsen at email@example.com.
3. Staff will review application and communicate with applicant which program to proceed.
4. Applicant will finish the application for either Curb Appeal or Major Renovation. (Note: W-9 is filled out by applicant and not the contractor)
5. Staff will then do a formal review of applications.
- Curb Appeal takes two weeks to review from the day everything is received.
- Major Renovations are due a month prior to Housing Authority Meetings which are every other month starting in February.
7. If Major Renovation, mortgage documents will have to be signed within two weeks of approval. (Note: $30 of the award goes towards the recording fees)
8. Once project is completed, contact Staff and they will send a reimbursement form to awardee to fill out.
9. Awardee will be required to pay their portion to their contractor and will need to have the contractor send the City an invoice with the balance of the awarded amount.
NOTE: Changes have been made for 2023, please read below.