Alcohol Operators License/Bartender's
Operator's Licenses are issued for the licensing period of odd year to odd year beginning July 1st, 2021 and ending June 30th, 2023.
How do I obtain an Alcohol Operators License (Bartenders License)?
To obtain an Alcohol Operators License (Bartender's License) in the City of Menasha complete the following:
1. Complete Alcohol Operator License Application
2. Provide/show a copy of the certificate that you've taken the Responsible Server
Certification OR a current Operator's License with another municipality
3. Provide a copy of valid Wisconsin ID or Drivers License
4. Pay the fee
You may also visit the Clerk's Office located at the Menasha City Center (100 Main Street, Suite 200 (2nd Floor), Menasha, WI 54952.
How much does a license cost?
- New License: $50.00
- Renewal: $50.00
- Provisional: $15.00 + $50.00 New License (NOTE: you must hold a current license with another municipality and be able to provide proof)
- Reprint (if lost or stolen): $15.00
Cash or Check (made payable to the City of Menasha) ONLY! No refunds will be given under any circumstances.
What is the application process?
- Completion and submittal of the Alcohol Operators License Application
- Application is sent to the Menasha Police Department for a background check
- If your background check is approved, your license is printed
- License may be picked-up or mailed to you
NOTE: your application can be denied if you provide false information, which includes omitting information. Please review the Guidelines for Operator Licenses before applying. Application fees will not be refunded if denied.
How and where do I sign-up for the Alcohol Seller/Server Training course?
To complete the alcohol seller/server training or to view a complete list of online and in person training courses, please visit the State of Wisconsin Department of Revenue. NOTE: While the following Responsible Beverage Server training courses have been approved for certification in the state, the Wisconsin Department of Revenue does not endorse nor administer any of these programs. Any issues you have concerning registration, student certification, fees, certificates, etc., must be directed to the individual vendor for resolution.
How do I renew my license?
All current Alcohol Operators (Bartender's Licenses) Licenses in the City of Menasha expire on June 30, 2024. The cost of renewal is $50.00.
Please complete the Alcohol Operators License Application and submit to the Clerk's Office. The Clerk’s office is located at 100 Main Street, Suite 200 (2nd Floor), Menasha, WI 54952 and is open Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm.
To ensure sufficient time for Common Council approval before the June 30, 2024 expiration date all license renewal applications must be filed by May 26th, 2023.